Early Career Researchers
- PhD and Masters' students
- Postdoctoral researchers
- People who have left a clinical career to focus on research, or who have recently added a research component to their clinical career
- People who have recently returned to the research field (after maternity leave, extended leave or a career change)
There is no age limit - anyone who thinks they are an early career researcher probably is one!
How can SMHR help ECR's?
- Awards to support early-career researchers at all stages of their career
- A mentoring program, where early career researchers (the ‘mentee’) are matched with senior SMHR researchers (the ‘mentor’) on the basis of their interests and expertise. The mentor assists the mentee with the development of generic research skills (‘how to…’)
- Information: The
SMHR website now comprises a link which provides scholarship, grant and
job opportunities for early career researchers. click here for details