become a member of smhr
Benefits of membership:
- Reduced registration at the annual SMHR Conference.
- Eligibility for majority of annual SMHR Awards – announced at SMHR Conference each year. (Further details here).
- Eligibility for SMHR ECR Awards (Further details here).
- Supports the development of early career researchers through early career research awards and an ECR Mentoring Scheme (Further details here).
- Free news announcements on SMHR website and via our social media channels - including recruitment for clinical trials, job advertisements, event promotion, and other news (Further details here).
- As the peak body for mental health research in Australia and New Zealand, SMHR engages in advocacy to improve the funding of mental health research through its links with government, the NHMRC and the Mental Health Council of Australia, as well as other relevant organisations. SMHR can be your conduit to informing key individuals who control research funding or who support mental health research in Australia. Please contact SMHR via our contact page (here) if you have an issue that you would like SMHR to consider supporting.
As of March 2016
In March 2015, the SMHR Executive Committee approved an updated membership structure and an increase in membership fees (the first since 2009). Additionally, in developing the new online membership portal, SMHR will move to a 12-month membership model (i.e. 12 months from the date of joining/renewing). In 2016, SMHR has been required to register for GST, and needs to collect GST on all membership fees going forward. Hence, the SMHR Executive Committee has agreed to increase the membership fees by 10% on the 2015 value.
Membership fees will be reviewed annually by the SMHR Executive Committee. Any increase in fees will be applied at the start of the following calendar year and communicated to members accordingly.
For 12 months Membership (from date of payment):
|Full Member||$132||Full-time academics and clinicians||Click here to join as a Full Member|
|Part-time Student Member||$83||minimum 50% status as student (proof required - student card and letter from department) and annual income of less than $55,000||Click here to join as a Part-time Student Member|
|Full-time Student Member||$55||full-time student status (proof required – student card and letter from department) and annual income of less than $55,000||Click here to join as a Full-time Student Member|
|Emeritus Member||$55||Retired academic or clinician||Click here to join as a Emeritus Member|